The BDM will be responsible for the development of business and sale of surgical operating tables and accessory products. You will become the knowledge base and a trusted partner on the complete range of operating tables and accessories offered.
You will work closely with the team in supporting the deployment of the UK product and sales strategy and spend the majority of your time (90%) in the hospital environment discussing and demonstrating the operating theatre product range. Day to day you will be advising surgeons and theatre staff with patient/procedure positioning in order to achieve sales as well as engaging commercially with key decision makers in the hospitals including unit and departmental management, procurement, finance and medical engineering stakeholders.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is energetic, hungry for success, ambitious, committed to taking market share from the competition, has a positive “can do” attitude, is open to development and coaching, listens to and internalizes feedback to continue to learn. The role would benefit from someone with good knowledge of what it takes to succeed in the theater sales environment, with an understanding of solution selling, an appreciation for the complex medical market and is naturally curious about the trends and initiatives being seen in operating theatres across the UK.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following list provides an overview of the key duties of this role but is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the BDM role.
- Achieving quarterly and annual sales turnover objectives for the Surgical Product Lines.
- Development of a territory sales plan to achieve consistent, sustainable and profitable growth of the territory including retention of existing customer base (30%) and conversion of competitor customer base (70%).
- Selling of focused products and accessories through networking, cold calling and follow-up on company-provided leads.
- Developing and maintaining a detailed understanding of the products, becoming an ‘expert’ in the products, their use and patient positioning during surgical procedures.
- Playing an advisory role to end users in the use of the operating table products and accessories.
- Qualifying prospects from initial enquiries, through presentations and in theatre product demonstrations, to being awarded business from NHS and Private Hospitals.
- Conducting customer site visits, and other types of presentations (in conjunction with our marketing team) to diverse groups of customers to generate interest.
- Supporting the preparation of quotations, proposals, tenders and bid responses for prospects/customers to ensure a high success rate in projects.
- Proactively managing inputs and reporting through our CRM system (SalesForce.com) regarding sales activities, market and competitive information, sales opportunity management and total sales pipeline in order to accurately forecast order intake and shipment of products.
- Working with other salespeople in the UK business to provide ‘complete package’ solutions to customers.
- Significant product training will be provided and the successful candidate should expect significant travel across the UK, with some overnight stays.
Education and Experience:
Strong clinical sales background, preferably in an operating theatre environment, with a sound grasp of the various operating procedures.
You should be commercially astute with the ability to work on large value, complex sales prospects with long lead times.
With a creative flair, the successful candidate will be able to leverage sales of operating tables as package deals with their colleagues selling other product lines.
Qualification and Skills:
- Commercial skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to negotiate at highest levels within the hospital environment
- Strong presentation skills
- Self-management and organizational skill
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office Applications
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1